Meggitt (UK) Limited is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of those visiting our website.
Information from you
We may collect and process:
- information you provide by filling in forms on our site, meggitsupport.dev. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use it, subscribing to and requesting services, posting material and reporting site problems;
- a record of correspondence with us;
- surveys you complete for us;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site and fulfilment of orders;
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic and location data and weblogs.
We may collect information about your computer, including IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. It does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
The data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you to:
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- when we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Meggitt (UK) Limited or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third party (personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets);
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data or disclose it to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to them.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with it. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.
Issue Date: April 2012